The file below is a list of books, articles and other reading material that I have or have read. Many colleagues have asked me how to go about building their own library and reading habit. Here are a few thoughts:
- Understand Bloom's Taxonomy on educating oneself on a specific field or discipline. I have provided a brief explanation here.
- Pick a theme per quarter.Examples of themes are : people management, financial understanding, product architectures, SMAC technologies etc.
- Read anything you can in that particular theme over the quarter. This can include books, articles, blogs, social media literature etc.
- Get into a habit of reading just 20 minutes a day. The most common reason for not reading is lack of time. Until one remembers that everyone has just 24 hours of it.
- A great way to start is to set aside a budget every month for investing in your self-development. Buy books and display it in your hall - it does lead to action!!!
List of Books_Website.pdf